- 2 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1-1/3 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Frozen Rhubarb
- 1 cup Strawberries, diced
- 2 cup fresh Rhubarb, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1-1/2 cup Strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Water
- pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Minute Tapioca
- 1 cup Shortening (Lard or Crisco)
- 1/2 cup Butter (1 stick)
- 1 pound Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- pinch Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream sugar and eggs together until the mixture becomes smooth. The sugar should be fully dissolved (not gritty) and the mixture will become a light yellow.
- Add melted butter, milk, and vanilla to the egg mixture. Beat together until well mixed.
- Add the flour slowly to the wet mixture. Mix well until all the flour is incorporated.
- Squeeze as much water as possible out of the thawed rhubarb. Fold rhubarb and strawberries into the batter.
- Divide batter evenly into 18 cupcake wrappers.
- Bake 350°F for 30 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Add all the filling ingredients except the tapioca together in a saucepan.
- Cook 8 minutes over medium low heat.
- Add tapioca and cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Using a stand with a whisking attachment or a handheld mixer, whip butter and shortening together on high for 2-3 minutes until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar to the butter and shortening slowly, in batches, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and salt and whisk until smooth and fluffy.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Stir in melted butter until well mixed.
- Spread mixture in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, mix, and bake another 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Core the center of each cupcake.
- Fill each cupcake with filling (overfilling slightly).
- Add frosting to the top of each cupcake.
- Sprinkle the top of each cupcake with crumble.
- Optional: top with strawberry half.
- Makes 18 cupcakes, enjoy!