- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 8 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 1 quart Canned Tomatoes (Stewed or Diced tomatoes also work)
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Pasta Water (left-over water from boiling pasta)
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 1/3 cup Fresh Basil, chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 15 oz Ricotta
- 8 oz Spinach
- 1-1/2 cup Mozzarella
- 1/3 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 2 clove Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Follow my Home-made Pasta recipe (you only need about half the recipe) and roll into 8 inch cannelloni sheets and cook, or purchase cannelloni pasta and make per package directions.
- Crumble and brown sausage in the bottom of a pot. Add onion and garlic, saute until tender.
- Add mushrooms and continue to saute until soft.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except Tomato Paste, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Mix in the tomato paste and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Steam spinach until fully wilted: strain and roughly chop.
- Add spinach and the remaining filling ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Down the center of each cannelloni sheet, add about 1/4 cup of filling and spread out.
- Fold in the sides of the pasta sheet and then roll into a ‘log’. Continue until no filling remains.
- Coat the bottom of 9×13 pan with 1-1/2 cups of sauce. Place the cannelloni rolls on top of the sauce in a single layer.
- Cover with the remaining sauce. *Optional: sprinkle a little bit of parmesan or mozzarella on top or each roll.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
Serving Size: 2 Rolls