- 2 lb Raw Shrimp (26-30 Count)
- 2 cup Yellow Stone Ground Grits
- 8 oz. Bacon
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 7 Cloves Garlic, minced (divided)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 rib Celery, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, diced
- 8 oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Tomatoes, chopped
- 4 oz Goat Cheese
- 4 oz Swiss Cheese
- 3 oz Chorizo
- 4-1/2 cup Water (divided)
- 3 cup Milk
- 1-1/2 T Creamy Horseradish
- 3 teaspoon Salt (divided)
- 2 teaspoon Pepper (divided)
- 2 teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- In a large pot add 4 cup of water, milk, 3 cloves of garlic, 2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and place on heat to boil.
- Add goat cheese, swiss cheese and creamy horseradish: stir to melt cheeses.
- Whisk in the grits. Continue whisking as the grits thicken and cook (about 5 minutes).
- Put heat on low to keep warm when you cook the shrimp.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet. Remove all but 1 tablespoons of grease from pan and chop the bacon.
- Add onion, 4 cloves of garlic, red pepper, celery, and jalapeno to pan with the bacon grease: place over medium heat. Saute until onion are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Drop pieces of the chorizo into the pan to incorporate while cooking.
- Mix in the mushrooms and saute another 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, 1/2 cup water, remaining spices and return the bacon to the pan. Simmer 15 minutes to break down the tomatoes.
- Add shrimp to the pan and cook until pink and no longer translucent.
- Serve over grits. Enjoy!