The hot sauce and black pepper in this soup gives it a bit of a spicy bite. If you don’t want as much spice, you can cut down on one or both of the hot sauce and the pepper. Make it to your taste!
- 3/4 lb Crab Meat, Chopped
- Meat of 1 Lobster (Tail and Claws), Chopped
- 1 lb Raw Shrimp, Chopped
- 4 Shallots, Minced
- 1 Carrot, Minced
- 1 Stalk Celery, Minced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1-1/4 cup Half and Half
- 2 cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Fenugreek (optional)
- Melt the butter in a pot over medium heat. Add the carrot, celery, shallots, garlic, and corn. Saute until the vegetables are soft.
- Mix the flour into the vegetables. Stir in until well incorporated.
- Whisk wine, half and half, and the milk into the pot slowly to avoid lumps. The mixture will be very thick at first but then thin out.
- Mix in crab, lobster, shrimp, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and the remaining spices.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Remove Bay Leaf before serving.