- 4 Chicken Breast
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 ounce Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup fresh Rosemary, chopped (see picture below for chop size)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 8 slices Provolone
- 16 slices Rye Bread
- ~8 Tablespoon Butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Split chicken breast in half. Pound to a uniform thickness (about 1/2 inch), using a meat tenderizer. Sprinkle with salt and set aside. (Will have 8 flattened chicken pieces.)
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, heavy cream, sour cream, rosemary, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- In the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking dish, place a thin layer of the rosemary cream sauce. Place a single layer of chicken over the sauce. Cover with another layer of sauce. Repeat layering chicken and sauce, until all the chicken is covered.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Butter one side of 2 slices of rye bread. Place a slice of provolone on the un-buttered side of bread and top with chicken. Add the other slice of bread, buttered side out.
- Place sandwich in a panini press or cook in a skillet like a grilled cheese until your desired level of toasting is met.
- Makes 8 sandwiches. Enjoy!