- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 2-1/2 teaspoon Salt (divided)
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoon Honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Rubbed Sage
- (1) 6 pound Chicken (spatchcocked: directions here)
- 3 Tablespoon Pesto
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut cauliflower into medium sized florets. Toss with 1 teaspoon salt and place in the bottom of a large roasting pan. Cover with roasting rack.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining salt, mustard, honey, parsley, garlic powder, black pepper, and sage. Mix well.
- Smear mustard and herb rub all over a patted dry and spatchcocked chicken, also getting some of the mixture under the skin where able. Place chicken on top of the roasting rack that is over the cauliflower.
- Place chicken and cauliflower in oven and bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes. Cover chicken with foil after 40 minutes. (During the roasting, the juices will drip down into the cauliflower and add extra flavor.)
- Ensure the chicken has reached in internal temperature of at least 157°-160°F before removing (It will continue to cook slightly once removed from the oven. )
- Once done cooking, remove chicken from the oven, keeping it covered with the foil, and allow it to sit for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. After sitting, cut chicken into pieces.
- Place cauliflower and all juices from the bottom of the roasting pan in a blender. Add Pesto and milk, then puree until the mixture is smooth. Serve with chicken pieces and enjoy!