- 7 medium sized Russet Potatoes
- 6 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 1/3 cup Sweet Gherkin Pickles, minced
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Paprika to Garnish
- Cut potatoes in half and put them in a large stock pot with the eggs. Cover them with water and boil until the potatoes are tender when poked with a fork. Place eggs in an ice bath and remove the potatoes from water to cool. **Do not place potatoes in ice water to cool.**
- When the potatoes are cool enough to be handled, remove the skins, cut into medium sized cubes, and place in a large bowl. Peel eggs, chop, and add to the bowl with the potatoes. Optional: reserve a couples slices egg for garnish.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix together. Sprinkle with paprika and top with eggs if using.