- 1-3/4 pound Pork Boston Butt Roast
- 12 clove Garlic, minced
- 4 Tablespoon dried Marjoram
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- Natural Hog Casing, rinsed and soaked (about 2 foot long)
- Place boston butt in a grinder and grind with a medium sized grinder plate.
- Mix ground pork with garlic, marjoram, and salt. Mix well.
- With a stuffing attachment on the grinder, slide the casing over it leaving about 2 inches hanging off to tie off later. Do not add a knot to the end immediately or it will create a large air bubble.
- Fill casing with meat mixture. Cook immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days. Once cooked the sausage will keep for longer.
- To cook: boil in a medium saucepan until just cooked thru. While it is cooking use a knife to poke air pockets into the casing to allow liquid to release. (Optional to smoke the sausage instead of boiling. Follow smoker manufacturer directions for guidelines to smoking sausage.)
- Serve with horseradish and ketchup. Enjoy!