- 1 pound Penne Pasta
- 1 pound Italian Sausage (can use pre-made)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cup Tomatoes, diced or canned
- (2) 15 ounce can Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup Vodka
- 1/2 cup Basil Leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fennel Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Cook and drain pasta per package directions.
- In a large pot, cook and brown the italian sausage. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Melt butter in the pot oven medium heat. Add the garlic and saute one minute. Stir in the tomatoes, vodka, basil, parsley, fennel, sugar, and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the heavy cream and cheeses to the sauce, stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth. Mix in the cooked pasta and italian sausage. Cook an additional 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!