- 2 cups Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1-1/2 cups Buttermilk*
- 1/3 cup Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just mixed. There should be no dry clumps but the batter will be lumpy.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium heat (I am able to set my griddle to 325°F). Make 5 inch round discs (about 1/3 cup per pancake) and cook in batches.
- Cook the first side of the pancakes 5 minutes, or until golden and the top starts to look ‘bubbly’. Flip pancakes over and cook the second side about 2 minutes.
- Top with your favorite pancake topping and enjoy!
Servings: 4 (3 pancakes per)