- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 medium Onions, chopped
- 3 clove Garlic
- 2-1/2 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 cup Chicken Stock
- (1) 28 ounce can Tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cup Amber Beer
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tablespoon Cornmeal
- 2 pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, cut into 1″ chunks
- (1) 15 ounce can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- (1) 11 ounce can Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- Optional: Top with sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, pickled jalapenos
- In a stock pot with lid, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover and cook another 8-10 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cayenne. Cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes to toast the spices lightly.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, beer, sugar, salt and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer partially covered for 40 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Slowly dust cornmeal over the surface of the soup and stir to blend. Add chicken, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add beans and cover, simmer 5 minutes more or until heated through.