- 5 cloves Garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt, divided
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Fresh Dill, diced
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Mash the garlic cloves with 1/4 teaspoon of salt until it forms a paste. *The easiest way to do this is to use a garlic press on the garlic, then sprinkle the garlic with the salt and mash continually with a fork until the paste forms.*
- Whisk garlic paste, egg yolks, lemon juice, and mustard until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly adding, about a tablespoon at a time, vigorously whisk the olive oil with the egg yolk mixture until it starts to emulsify and come together. The aioli will thicken and become creamy.
- Stir in the dill, lemon zest, black pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Refrigerate until ready for use. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon