Makes 3-1/2 pounds Gnocchi.
- 4 medium Russet Potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Wash potatoes and pierce several times with a fork. Cut in half and place in a steamer: steam 45 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Remove skins from the cooked potatoes and place through a ricer. If a ricer is not available, work potatoes thru a fine sieve or mash until smooth with a fork: do not use a food processor or mixer.
- Mix riced potatoes, salt, and egg together: do not over mix.
- Add flour slowly until the mixture starts to come together. Turn out onto a floured surface and roll into 1/2″ strips. Cut into 1″ pieces.
- Leave as “pillows” or roll along a gnocchi board (to create the iconic grooves).
- Cook in batches in boiling water, 5 minutes per batch. Strain and eat with your favorite sauces!