- 1 pound Medium Shells Pasta
- 1/2 pound Bacon, cubed
- 1/4 cup reserved Bacon Grease
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 cup Milk
- 9 ounce Velveeta (or other smooth melting cheese)
- 5 ounce Goat Cheese
- 4 ounce Gruyere Cheese
- 3 ounce Smoked Swiss Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1/3 cup Panko Crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- Cook pasta until just slightly under done: about 1 minute less than the package recommends. Drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon until crisp, remove and set aside. Reserve bacon grease.
- Add bacon grease to the bottom of a large stock pot (supplement butter if there is not enough grease left over from the bacon). Add flour and whisk together.
- Slowly add milk, whisking constantly to avoid lumps until combined. Mix in cheeses, mustard, pepper, sugar, and cayenne. Whisk constantly until sauce is smooth. Stir in pasta and bacon. Transfer to a large baking dish. Top with panko and paprika.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes: until topping is crispy.
- Serve and Enjoy!