For better versions of instant ramen, find an Asian market in your area. They have better flavors and higher quality.
I used Black Sesame seeds for this because they are what I have already. White sesame works just as well. Use what you have and don’t buy them special for this.
Please enjoy my dinosaurs that are stalking their Ramen prey.
- 2 Packages of Instant Ramen
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, halved
- 1/3 cup Corn (I use frozen)
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (I used Enoki mushrooms but any will do)
- 5 Baby Bok Choy, halved
- 1 Large Green Onion, chopped
- 1 small Tri-Tip Steak, sliced wafer thin
- 1 Sheet of Nori, cut into 8 equal pieces
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice, divided
- Cilantro, chopped
- Sesame Seeds
- In a small pan, start heating sesame oil. Add corn and 1/2 teaspoon of Chinese 5 Spice. Saute about 5 minutes, until corn is heated through and lightly browned. Remove corn from pan.
- Add mushrooms to the same pan the corn was just in. There should be enough oil left over. Toss the mushrooms and cook about 3 minutes. They should just start to wilt.
- Put Ramen noodles and seasoning packets in pot with just enough water to cover the tops of the noodles. Cook on med-high heat until boiling, then reduce to medium and cook 5 minutes. Remove, noodles only, into bowl.
- Toss Steak with 1/2 teaspoon of Chinese 5 Spice and enough salt to taste.
- Add baby bok choy to the ramen/broth water and simmer for 3 minutes. Not too long or you will loose the crunch. Remove from pot.
- Increase heat on the broth and boil while assembling the bowl.
- Bowl Assembly (makes 2 bowls)- On top of noodles make piles of the following on the outer edges of the bow: sauteed corn, seasoned steak, mushrooms, baby bok choy, green onion, and sliced egg. Add chopped cilantro in the middle, Nori on the side, and top with sesame seed.
- Remove broth from heat and pour over the bowls. The hot water will cook the steak and warm all the elements.
- For extra heat top with sriracha.