- 2 cup Half and Half
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat half and half in a small saucepan until warmed. Do not allow to boil, but heat until warm to the touch, about 110°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add warmed half and half a little at a time, whisking constantly. The more patience used and the slower the half and half is added, the smoother the mixture will be.
- Add the mixture to either small mason jars or custard cups: fill to about 3/4″ full.
- Place jars or cups in a baking dish. Fill the baking dish with water about half way up the sides of the containers you are using. Bake for 35 minutes.
- For best flavor refrigerate over night. When ready to eat, sprinkle with sugar and melt with a brûlée torch. Enjoy!