- 1 loaf French Bread (about 8 oz loaf)
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1/2 cup Sugar (plus extra for sanding)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 pint Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- pinch Salt
- Slice french bread 1 inch thick and place in an even layer on the bottom of a 9×13 casserole pan.
- Whisk together eggs, half and half, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, salt, and nutmeg. Pour mixture over the bread. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Lightly butter a griddle or skillet. Place over low heat and cook each bread slice until golden brown.
- Place a layer of sugar on the top of each french toast piece. Using a brulee torch, melt the sugar on the top of each piece (similar to the method of creme brulee).
- Top with blueberry sauce.
- Place all ingredients together in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Continue simmering 15 -20 minutes or until reduced and slightly thickened.