- 8 Tomatoes (about 2.5″ diameter)
- 1 cup Couscous
- 3/4 cup Water
- 4 Tablespoon Pesto, divided
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 cup Mozzarella, shredded
- 1 lb Shrimp
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove and core the centers of all the tomatoes.
- Combine the tomato cores, water, 1 tablespoon of pesto, butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a small sauce pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add the couscous to the liquid. Immediately add lid to pot and remove from heat. Let sit 5 minutes then stir in mozzarella.
- Stuff the center of each tomato with couscous mixture. Place the stuffed tomatoes in a roasting pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Toss shrimp with 3 tablespoons of pesto. Place a saute pan over medium heat and cook shrimp 3 minutes per side or until cooked through and no longer pink. (The parmesan in the pesto will crisp the sides of sides of the shrimp when cooking.)
- Serve shrimp with tomatoes. Enjoy!