- 2-1/4 pound Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 8 ounce Bacon, cubed
- 8 ounce Pearl or Pickling Onions
- 4 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Brandy
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 3 Thyme Sprigs
- 4 Parley Sprigs
- 2 Bay leaves
- 6 ounce Tomato Paste
- 3/4 pound Button Mushrooms, halved
- Mix together the flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge chicken thighs to completely coat in flour. Heat Oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Brown the chicken thighs in batches and set aside.
- In the same pot, saute bacon until crispy, set aside. Add onions and saute until just starting to brown. Stir in garlic and any remaining flour from dredging the chicken. Whisk in the brandy, red wine, and chicken stock slowly to avoid any lumps.
- Return chicken and bacon to pot with thyme, parsley, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil then reduce by simmering covered 30 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and mushrooms, simmer 15 minutes uncovered.
- Serve with crusty french bread and enjoy!