This recipe comes together quickly with the correct planning. After the chops are in the oven, start the rice and get it cooking. After the is rice on, start preparing the salsa. If the rice is done before the chops, just keep a lid on and it will hold enough heat to keep warm. By the time the chops are done everything else will be ready and you can start enjoying!
- 8 Bone-In Pork Chops
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 cup Panko Crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1/4 cup Coriander Chutney
- 1 Tablespoon Mint Chutney
- 1 Tablespoon Jerk Seasoning
- 2 cup Rice
- 1- 13.5oz Can of Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2-1/2 cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernals
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Mango, chopped
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
For the Chutney Chops
- Coat all the pork chops with jerk seasoning.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, chutneys and oil.
- For each chop: dredge in flour, dip in egg and chutney mixture, and then cover in panko crumbs.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake at 350*F for 45 minutes.
For Coconut Rice
- Place rice, coconut milk, water and salt in rice cooker. Stir and cook as normal.
- Without a rice cooker, place ingredients in a pot and place over medium-low heat, covered, for 25 minutes.
For the Mango Salsa
- Place butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add corn and saute 5 minutes.
- Add corn to a bowl with remaining ingredients. Mix and add salt to taste.