- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocao Powder
- 3 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Instant Coffee
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Egg Whites
- Mix together dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks, milk, oil, and vanilla. Mix well and add to the flour mixture. Stir together until just combined, do not over mix.
- In a clean, grease free bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. (Metal or glass bowls work best, plastic bowls can have a grease film making it likely that your meringue will fail.)
- Fold the egg whites into the batter mixture. Do not over mix.
- Cook batter in a greased waffle iron about 3 minutes per side or as directed by your waffle maker instructions.
- Top with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, or any desired topping items to make it your individual creation!