- 1 lb of Home-Made Pasta or Capellini
- 4 Boneless-Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 4 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 8 clove Garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cup White Wine
- 1-1/2 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Lemon Juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon Chicken Bouillon
- 4 Tablespoon Capers
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Basil, chopped
- For home-made pasta: cut thin for capellini and cook in salted water. For stare bought pasta: make per package directions in salted water.
- Split each chicken breast in half and use a meat tenderizer to flatten to 1/2 inch. Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge each piece of chicken in flour to fully coat. Save remaining flour.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sear chicken, 2 at a time, until golden brown on each side. Place chicken on baking sheet. Repeat adding another 1 tablespoon of olive oil between each new addition of chicken.
- Place sheet pan in 300*F oven to keep chicken warm while sauce is made.*
- In the same large skillet over medium heat, add garlic. Saute 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add white wine, water, lemon juice, chicken bouillon, and capers to the pan. Bring to a slow boil. Stir in butter, parsley, and basil.
- In a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of the remaining dredging flour and 3 tablespoons of water. Mix to form a roux. Add roux to sauce and whisk constantly until sauce slightly thickens.
- Remove chicken from oven and cover each piece with sauce. Use the remaining sauce to coat the pasta.
- Serve chicken and pasta together and enjoy!!
*Before serving ensure that chicken has reached safe internal temperature of 165*F.