- 4 teaspoon Butter, divided
- 1 Onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 5 ounce Spinach, wilted and chopped
- 12 ounce Chicken Sausage, chopped
- 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Egg
- 15 ounce Ricotta Cheese
- 4 ounce Goat Cheese
- 12 sheets Phyllo Dough
- 4 Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon Salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup Basil, chiffonade
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 teaspoons of butter over medium heat. Add onions and saute until caramelized. Set onions aside in a large bowl. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of butter and mushrooms to the pan and cook 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through. Transfer to the bowl with onions.
- In the large bowl with the onions and mushrooms, add the spinach, chicken sausage, garlic, egg, ricotta, goat cheese, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir until well combined.
- In the bottom of a greased 11×7 (or 2 quart) baking dish, lay 3 sheets of phyllo dough. Top with 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Repeat phyllo (sheets of 3) and cheese layers 3 more times.
- Spread the sliced tomatoes on top of the layered dish. Sprinkle with sugar, red pepper flakes, remaining salt and pepper, basil, and parmesan.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Drizzle the top with balsamic glaze and let set 5-10 minutes before slicing.