- 2 medium Butternut Squash (8 cup cubed)
- 1 Stalk Celery, chopped
- 1 Onion, quartered
- 4 Clove Garlic
- 1 Apple, cored and quartered
- 4 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 15 Sage leaves
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried Marjoram
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 8 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 12 ounce Cajun Chicken Sausage, halved and sliced
- Optional: Sour Cream Topper
- Place all the ingredients except the olive oil, chicken sausage, and sour cream together in a large stockpot.
- Boil 20 minutes or until the vegetables become tender. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add the vegetables to a blender and puree everything until smooth. Optional: use an immersion blender to puree the mixture.
- Heat olive oil in the bottom of a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Cook the chicken sausage in batches until golden. Add sausage to the pureed soup.
- Heat the soup another 5 minutes to warm it up and serve.
- Optional: top/swirl with sour cream to serve. Enjoy!