- 3 Eggs
- 1-1/4 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 6 Sage Leaves, fresh
- Set a large stockpot full of water to boil.
- Whisk together eggs, flour, and seasonings (mixture will be thick). Slowly add milk continually whisking until the mixture is smooth.
- Using a spatzle maker (I recommend this Spatzle Maker) add the batter to the boiling water. Boil for 3-4 minutes then remove from water.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add quartered sage leaves. Cook sage on medium in butter for 2 minutes.
- Add spatzle to saucepan and toss it with the butter and sage: saute 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!