Cornbread meets pancakes! Bringing the best of both worlds!
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Corn Kernels
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Stir dry ingredients and corn kernels together in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients together in a separate container.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients, make sure not to over mix. It’s alright if the batter seems slightly lumpy.
- Butter pan or griddle. Place over medium heat.
- Drop batter with a serving spoon onto hot griddle or pan.
- Flip when golden on one side. Leave on heat until both sides are golden and cooked through.
- Top with honey for an enjoyable experience!
- Makes 12 corn cakes (about 5 inches in diameter).
Servings: 1 Corn Cakes