- 3 pound Beets
- 8 ounce Swiss Chard (1 bunch), chopped
- 2 clove Garlic, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Reserved Beet Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Balsamic Glaze
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 3 ounce soft Goat Cheese
- Clean beets and cut off any tops or root ends (if applicable), cover with water and boil until tender. (Should be easily pierce-able with a fork.) Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Cool the beets and peel off the skins. Cube into 1/2″ pieces.
- Place the reserved beet water, chopped Swiss Chard, sliced garlic, and salt in a saucepan. Cover and simmer on low for 5 minutes to wilt the chard. Strain off all liquids when done.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cooked beets, swiss chard, balsamic glaze, and honey. Break off small pieces of the goat cheese and fold into the salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
Servings: 12 (1/2 cup serving size)