Note: While I did find the recipes that I use for these cupcakes separately and assemble them, the recipes themselves are not my own and I believe in giving credit to those who are deserving. That being said, the following links connect to the recipes themselves that are used in this Banana Pudding Cupcake recipe.
For planning purposes, I find that it is easiest to make the marshmallow fluff, pudding, and buttercream a day ahead of time. This will allow everything to cool properly and ensure that you are not spending an entire day making the cupcakes.
Don’t throw away those banana cake centers that you cut out! Save them to either eat with the leftover pudding or use as an add-in to bread pudding for extra flavor!
- Make Marshmallow Fluff, Pudding, and Buttercream according to directions.**
- Make Banana Cake batter as written (do not make the accompanying cream cheese frosting). Instead of putting the batter in cake pans, place in cupcake wrappers, filled 3/4, and bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, cut hole in the middle of each, and fill with vanilla pudding.
- Make a ring of buttercream on the outer edge of each cupcake and then fill it in with marshmallow fluff.
- For additional decoration, add a mini vanilla wafer to the edge of each cupcake.